charged with aggravated assault.

UPDATED: May 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

charged with aggravated assault.

my wife was at walmart, while getting into the car another female drove into the parking lot and smashed her hand with the vehilce, in an angry rage my wife punched her, they are chargeing my wife with aggravated assault whats the worst punishment

Asked on May 14, 2009 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends on what the "aggravating" circumstances were.  Did she use just her fists only or was there another weapon involved?  Was it an assault on an elderly person?   I would need more details.  It makes a difference under North Carolina law.  Basically, however, she is right now looking at a felony.  More than that I can't say.

You really need to speak with a criminal attorney in the area where this all happened; he will know the people in the prosecutor's office as well as local practice.  He might well be able to get the charges reduced; especially if this is a first-time offense. 

Get one that

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption