certified business analyst

UPDATED: May 16, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 16, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

certified business analyst

Do I need to be a certified business analyst to operate a small business consulting company

Asked on May 16, 2009 under Business Law, Florida


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I would have to know more about the business.  However, i suggest that you contact consumer protection in your state and ask them whether a license is required to engage in that business.  You want to  make sure that no license is required to avoid being sued.  I doubt however, that a license is required.  Generally, people see consultants based on the consultant's expertise in a particular field.  It is the person's expertise that makes your valuable.  The business license is good to have but i do not think its required.  Nevertheless, you want to be sure to avoid some kind of lagal action by a unhappy customer or over-eager attorney general.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption