Car accident on the job.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Car accident on the job.

My son was driving a company truck he was entering a land from the stop
sign and a car came tried to go around but he hit the car nobody was hurt
seriously now That person is trying to sue my son the company.what can
happen my son cannot afford a lawyer.

Asked on September 24, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Oklahoma


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

The company is primarily liable since it was the registered owner of the truck your son was driving. The company is also liable for the negligence of an employee which occurred during the course and scope of employment.
The company's insurance carrier will provide it with an attorney at no cost.  You should inquire if the attorney provided by the company's insurance carrier will also represent your son at no cost.
If not, and your son is held liable, it would be advisable for your son to file bankruptcy when there is a court judgment against him which he cannot afford to pay.  Chapter 7 bankruptcy is straight liquidation which will eliminate that debt.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption