Car accident

UPDATED: Dec 15, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 15, 2018Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Car accident

I was in the parking lot and my car was parked
suddenly this car hit me and I dont know where it
come from. I went in the hospital because of the bad
headache and now I have a bills which is the other
party wont pay it.

Asked on December 15, 2018 under Accident Law, Maryland


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the drive who hit you: when someone drives negligently or carelessly and injures another, he or she is liable for that person's injuries and costs. The only way to make them pay, however, if they won't pay voluntarily, is to sue them.
If the driver was not the owner of the car which hit you, you'd sue the car's owner, too: a car's owner is liable, or resposible for, the actions of those whom he/she lets drive his/her car.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption