Can you stop marriage dissolution?

UPDATED: Dec 11, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 11, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can you stop marriage dissolution?

My husband moved out of our place while I was on business trip. He also filed for divorce without my knowledge. Today, I was served with marriage dissolution papers. I asked my husband to file a revocation, so that we will have more time to work things out. Naturally he refused. Can I contest for the reason that he used unfair pressure to go along with the divorce? I want to work things out and would like to stay married.

Asked on December 11, 2011 under Family Law, California


Bernie Kempen / Kempen&Company

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You can contest the divorce by filing a response denying the grounds of irreconcilable differences and requesting court ordered concilation services

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption