Can you make an amendment after the bk has already been approved by the court?

UPDATED: May 28, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can you make an amendment after the bk has already been approved by the court?

we filed chapter 13 two years ago to keep our house but lost it last year. Can we make an amendment to the mortgage payments that were included in the bankruptcy since the bank took back the house?

Asked on May 28, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If you no longer have the house, were you supposed to keep it under a Chapter 13? If so, you need to contact a bankruptcy lawyer and figure out your next move -- obviously there are repayment issues that perhaps Chapter 13 didn't help.

Try and check his or her record at under attorney search.

Also review the following:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption