can you be charge for a sexual assualt if she was prostuting and lying about her age?

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can you be charge for a sexual assualt if she was prostuting and lying about her age?

My brother picked up this girl from the street and offer money to do something but the girl lyed about her age and my brother didn’t pay her and she is accusing him of sexual assault. IS this possible even if she consented and wanted.

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This is a nasty situation, and your brother must have a criminal attorney to defend him in this case.  One place you can find qualified lawyers is our website,

The critical thing in cases like this is often credibility:  who will be believed, or not.  If the case goes to trial, each person who testifies will be subject to cross-examination, to put the credibility of her or his story to the test.  Whether or not your brother actually testfies himself, if it comes to that, is a very crucial decision in many cases.  There is no way someone who is not just a lawyer, but an experienced criminal lawyer, should be defending your brother.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption