Can they revocate probation if an alleged crime that was committed while on parole?

UPDATED: Jul 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 2, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can they revocate probation if an alleged crime that was committed while on parole?

Was on parole, got locked up for a crime someone else admitted to, and parole ended 2 months after being locked up and probation started. Can they revoke my probation even though I was on parole when alleged crime took place? Parole did not revoke me and there is no evidence against me. Keep getting bond denied due to my past, Now they are trying to revoke probation. Legal papers putting me on probation have never been given to me and I’ve never signed any. Seems like since there is no evidence, they are just looking for a way to keep me in jail.

Asked on July 2, 2012 under Criminal Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If one is on parole/probation and the parolee/probationer is accused of a crime, then there is a very good chance that the parole/probation for that person will be subject to having his or her parole/probation revoked as a result. Most terms of parole/probation are that the released person is to obey all laws of a given state.

Given the circumstances that you have written about you should consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption