Can I be fired it I did nothing wrong?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I be fired it I did nothing wrong?

My husband and I worked at the same business. This business provided us with free housing. He was terminated due to sexual harassment allegations, no proof. My husband and I worked in the same office. They in turn terminated me as well even though I had no allegations toward me. My employment history was exceptional and I don’t understand why they let me go. Do I have any rights? Do they have a right to do this considering we live here. what should we do?

Asked on March 4, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Arkansas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can be fired for any reason oe no reason at all. This is called "at will employment". Accordingly, a company can set the conditons of employment much as it sees fit. Therefore, unless this action constitutes some form of legal discrimination (and it does not appear to) or it violates the terms of an employment policy or union agreement, unfortuntely, you have no claim here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption