Can the state violate your probation, if you had a medical emergency?

UPDATED: Sep 24, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 24, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can the state violate your probation, if you had a medical emergency?

An ambulance came to my house but I didn’t go with them to the hospital. I had been drinking and that was against my probation and my officer violated me. Someone said that if you go to a hospital they can’t use it against you.

Asked on September 24, 2013 under Criminal Law, Indiana


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

It doesn't matter if you didn't go to the hospital. The ambulance came to your home and filed a report. Further, your probation officer was somehow informed so you have already been caughting violating your parole. At this point, contact your attorney and see what can be done to minimum this violation and not have your parole revoked.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption