can my parole extend past the sentence time

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can my parole extend past the sentence time

i was convicted of a **** crime on july 10 2001 and recieved a neg. plea of 20 years with 12 years suspended leaving 8. I was eligible for boot camp and completed it on 3-27-02 and was released on parole. I have not violated my parole or committed any crimes. i thought i would be off parole on july 10 2009. my parole officer has told me that their computer shows april 10 2010. she also stated that was my problem and she wouldnt even bother to check it out. on july 10 i would like to tell her where to put her attitude. thank you

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Criminal Law, Arkansas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It sounds like the boot camp time wasn't included in figuring the eight years.  I'm not an Arizona attorney, so I can't tell you whether this was done correctly or not.  If you want to try and have that time credited to your sentence served, you will probably have to get the prosecutor to agree.  Something like this gets very technical, and if getting off parole earlier matters enough, you should have an attorney's help.  One place to find a qualified lawyer, if the one who represented you originally isn't available, is our website,

I'd recommend that you don't depend on the calendar;  wait until you have something in writing that tells you that you are done.  Your parole officer's "attitude" can do a lot worse than you can manage by giving her lip, until then.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption