can my neighbor park across the street at the bottom of my drive?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can my neighbor park across the street at the bottom of my drive?

My neighbor old truck with out license is park across
from the bottom of my drive and my grandma the
other night was backing out and hit his truck and
broke a tail light and we ask him to move it a few feet
so no one else hit it especially because winter is
coming and out drive way is on a hill. But he refuses
to move it. Can he do that and what should we do?

Asked on October 25, 2019 under Accident Law, New York


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Is he parking in a legal spot--someplace he can legally park a vehicle? If he is, there is nothing you can do about this. While it would be wise and considerate of him to park elsewhere, the law does not require wisdom or consideration: he can park in any legal spot, even if it complicates matters for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption