Can my K1 visa get denied because my mom is na illegal inmigrant?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my K1 visa get denied because my mom is na illegal inmigrant?

Years ago I got my J1 visa , after that I got my New Link Destination
urist visa and now Im in process to get the K1 visa.
When I applied for the J1 and New Link Destination
urist visa , I didnt say I had family in the USA . I was Reading about the ‘misrepresentation’ , can I get denied because I dint discloused that information in my previous VISA?

Asked on December 14, 2017 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

No, it should not really have any impact on your K-1 visa since the requirements and criteria for obtaining this visa are very different from the previous visas.  You should just disclose whatever you are asked at the time of the interview as it pertains to your situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption