Can my husband come and go as he pleases een though he is not living in the home?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my husband come and go as he pleases een though he is not living in the home?

My husband and I are in the middle of a divorce. I am in possession of the home. He has been coming to the house and driving by at all hours of the night. Can he just come and go as he pleases. He has nothing left at the house and still keeps coming by? Can he do that? Could it be considered stalking?

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Family Law, Arkansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you feel that your estarnged husband is harassing you with respect to the conduct that you have written about, I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to discuss the feasibility of possibly filing a petition for a stay away (restraining order) against him. If successful, such would allow police to arrest him if he violates it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption