Can My boss accuse me of doing something i didn’t do?

UPDATED: May 20, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 20, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can My boss accuse me of doing something i didn’t do?

I work for a big company someone made a Dessert and offered it to my boss i was sitting in the back of the room waiting to clock into work.. My boss said who made this cause i dont want to go missing tomorrow cause i know alot of people here dont like me as he pointed at me.. Made me feel unfortable especially coming from my boss?

Asked on May 20, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, California


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It does not sound as if your boss actually accused you of anything. From what you said he was making a joke and even if there was an underlying attempt at truth he did not actually accuse you of anything. If you felt uncomfortable you said it is a big company, you should speak to someone in human resources.

They will better know what direction to point you in but ther does not seem to be anything illegal done on behalf of your boss in the question posed to this website

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption