Can I withdraw a divorce?

UPDATED: Jun 19, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 19, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I withdraw a divorce?

Over a year ago, my husband and I were separated. I sent
him divorce papers with me as the plaintiff. We have since
reconciled. But after a huge fight a month ago, he filed the
papers. I am under a No Contact Order. I dont want the
divorce now. Is there any way I can withdraw the complaint
for divorce?

Asked on June 19, 2019 under Family Law, Georgia


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can file a request for dismissal (court form).
If the dismissal is with prejudice, this means the case can't be reinstated.
If the dismissal is without prejudice, this means the case can be reinstated in the future.
Complete the appropriate sections on the court form.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption