Can I sue the city and the person who tried to sue me?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue the city and the person who tried to sue me?

A man said that he felled on our property and injuried himself. He then got a
lawyer and tried suing us for his injuries. We didnt not have homeowner insurance
so we got a lawyer to defend us. Comes to find out the guy didnt even fall on our
property. I been living with stress worried about losing my home and this whole
time the guy didnt even fall on my property.

Asked on April 6, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can possibly sue the man who sued you on false grounds for your legal expenses and other direct economic losses caused by the suit; you would bring a suit based on frivolous litigation. You cannot receive anything for your stress or worry: the law does not provide compensation for that. You cannot sue the city; the city did not do anything wrong, but liability is based on fault--without fault or wrongful acts, there is no liability.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption