Can I sue for rental fees?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue for rental fees?

I took my car to a shop they failed to
properly fix the transmission 4 times
each time they take two weeks to give me
the car , when I get the car with 24
hours in breaks down with the same
transmission issue. Because I drive for
living I am highly dependent on my car.
I have been renting cars for two and a
half months.

Can I sue the shop for those rental fee?

Asked on October 1, 2019 under Accident Law, Pennsylvania


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the transmission repair shop for negligence for the faulty repairs. Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would include the rental car charges you incurred.
Negligence is the failure to exercise due care (that degree of care that a reasonable transmission repair shop would have exercised under the same or similar circumstances to prevent foreseeable harm).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption