Can I sue for a refund due to misrepresentation during a travel program that I purchased?

UPDATED: Jul 17, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 17, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue for a refund due to misrepresentation during a travel program that I purchased?

Details given in presentation do not match those actually given. Contract was signed stating that “I agree this document is consistent with the verbal description of the benefits and services of the membership made by the seller”. True … the contract did match what we were promised, but unfortunately, it does not work as it was stated in the presentation.

Asked on July 17, 2012 under General Practice, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is difficult to guide you as to your ability to sue with out knowing more of the details.  Generally speaking, the misreprensentation must be what is known as a "material" misrepresentation and they had to have known or should have known that it was.  Seek help.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption