Can I sue a used car dealership that sold me a wrecked and repaired car without disclosing these facts?

UPDATED: Mar 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue a used car dealership that sold me a wrecked and repaired car without disclosing these facts?

The dealership stresses that they don’t sell wrecked cars. I found out also that the inspection sticker is a fake.

Asked on March 19, 2012 under General Practice, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you purchased a car from an auto dealership and it knew that the car had defects with it but did not disclose it to you before you bought it, you can bring an action against the dealership for 'concealment" in that it had a duty to disclose this material fact to you as a consumer.

Your remedy would be to cancel (rescind) the purchase or sue for the difference between what the car was worth and what you paid for it. You should consult with an attorney that practices in the area of consumer law if you want to pursue the matter further.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption