Can we sue if my wife was injured at work because she did not receive proper training on the equipment that she had to use?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can we sue if my wife was injured at work because she did not receive proper training on the equipment that she had to use?

My wife is an employee in the deli department aof a national grocery chain. She has worked there 2.5 months. After receiving insufficient training, she was made to use commercial cooking equipment. New Link Destination
day she was taken to the ER with steam burns on face, 2nd degree I believe. Is she due to compensation from her job?

Asked on April 9, 2017 under Personal Injury, Alaska


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Since your wife was injured on the job, she has a worker's compensation claim.  Her employer's human resources department should have the applicable documents for filing for workers' compensation.  It would also be advisable to speak with a workers' compensation attorney.
Workers' compensation is an alternative to filing a lawsuit against the employer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption