Can I see for being wrongly diagnosed?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I see for being wrongly diagnosed?

I injured my knee playing flag football
in 2010. I went to a specialist shortly
after and was told I’m just double
jointed and flexible. My knee got worst
and I went to another specialist in 2014
where I was diagnosed with a sports
injury and was forced to have a partial
meniscotamy because the damage got
worst. I still have problems with my
knee. Am I able to sue for wrong

Asked on November 15, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Maryland


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, the statute of limitations has tolled (expired) which bars you from filing a lawsuit in this matter.
In MD, a medical malpractice lawsuit must be filed within five years of the date the alleged medical malpractice occurred or within three years from the date the injury was discovered, whichever is earlier.
Since the injury occurred eight years ago and was discovered four years ago, the above statute of limitations has expired which unfortunately means that you have lost your rights forever in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption