Can I go back to dealership if they fixed my car incorrectly when I first purchasedabout 8months ago?

UPDATED: Jun 6, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 6, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I go back to dealership if they fixed my car incorrectly when I first purchasedabout 8months ago?

I bought a van late last year. The car was advertised as having “Ice Cold Air”. The A/C did work but the heat did not. The dealer fixed the heat before I signed the paperwork. Now it is hot out and I find that the A/C does not work, not even the vent for outside air. Can I ask them to fix since they made the repairs before I purchased my van? I had someone look at it and they said that it looks like they jerry-rigged the heat to make it work and without a lot of work and expense my A/C will not work.

Asked on June 6, 2011 under General Practice, Wisconsin


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

This is a tough question to give guidance on, in that the it is easy to tell you what the used car law is in Wisconsin (I am assuming that this is a used car, correct?), but there needs to be a little more investigation as to what happened when they jerry rigged the heat.  Is it possible that they messed with the AC?  Can your mechanic show a link between the two?  You need also to see if the van still had any manufacturer's warranty available with it.  That could be a big help for you.  I would consult with an attorney in your area on the matter.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption