Can I get my gunrights back?

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get my gunrights back?

I was convicted of misdemeanor assalt about 4 1/2 years ago, I contacted a lawyer to find out if I can get me gunrights back, he told me yes he could do that for $2,500. Yet, every website that I look at, says that a CR-180 will not return gun rights. If I’m going to spend that kind of money, then it needs to work. Can it be done?

Asked on August 6, 2011 California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The best thing for you to do regarding seeking your gun rights back with respect to your prior assault charge is to consult with an attorney who has experience in this area of the law to get some understanding as to the chances of being successful in such a request.

Another thing to consider is the cost and likelihood of being successful in a motion to expunge your prior criminal conviction. If you are successful in having your prior conviction expunged, the conviction for all intents and purposes would no longer exist.

Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption