can i get charged with 2nd degree traficing of stolen property if the person who said i did it does not testify against me

UPDATED: May 19, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 19, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can i get charged with 2nd degree traficing of stolen property if the person who said i did it does not testify against me

my brother said i helped him sell some stolen property in a statement and so did someone else but neither one will testify against me

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Criminal Law, Washington


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This is a serious charge, and if it is or has been filed against you, you should have a qualified attorney representing you, who can give you advice based on all of the details of your case.  One place you can find a defense lawyer is our website,

Every criminal charge has to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.  That takes evidence that is admissible in court, and a statement isn't admissible in most cases, because you have the right to cross-examine witnesses against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption