Can I get an warrant for my arrest before I get a subpoena?

UPDATED: Aug 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get an warrant for my arrest before I get a subpoena?

A detective been looking for me at my work and my house to serve me a subpoena, however I haven’t got anything. Now a Sheriff went to my mom’s house saying that they will arrest me. Plus, I’m pregnant on bed rest.

Asked on August 12, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is entirely possible that there may be an arrest warrant out for you befire you get served with a subpoena to attend some legal proceeding presumably a criminal matter. It is hard for me to give you my sentiments over the criminal matter that you have written about because I have no idea from your question if you are a third party witness or a suspect in a crime.

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney about the matter you are writing about to see what can be done to resolve the apparent subpoena for you to attend a court proceeding.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption