Can I get an order of non-disclosure if have completed felony deferred adjudication and5 years have passed?

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get an order of non-disclosure if have completed felony deferred adjudication and5 years have passed?

I was placed on deferred adjudication for sexual assault sex with a minor when I was 19. I did not have to register as a sex offender and completed the deferred adjudication. Now 5 years have passed and I was wondering if it is possible for me to get an order of non-disclosure?

Asked on January 12, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have successfully completed the requirements for the deferred adjudication of the crime that you were charged with where five years have passed, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney about simply filing a motion to dismiss the charge or charges against you since there has been no conviction or guilty plea in light of the deferred adjudication that you have written about.

If the motion to dismiss is granted, then you should have no reference of this particular criminal matter on your record. As part of the motion, you should seek to have the case against you sealed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption