can I file for adjustment of status?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can I file for adjustment of status?

my husband is a permanent residence and I have Daca. My I130 was approved but
for visa was sent to visa center. they sent a letter stating they will schedule my
interview in india. I rather do an interview here considering I don’t have the money or
time to travel to India for an interview. Can I do an adjustment of status now if so
how can I go about doing it?

Asked on January 14, 2017 under Immigration Law, Illinois


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can only do adjustment of status if you are eligible for adjustment of status.  What is your current status?  On what basis did you qualify and get DACA?  Did you enter lawfully and overstay?  Did you enter unlawfully?  Please clarify so that I can provide more relevant response.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption