can i file for a 1244a while on defered probation

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can i file for a 1244a while on defered probation

i want to know can i get my felony reduced to misdormenoir and if so how much time wil i face on a forgery of finacial document

Asked on April 16, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 14 years ago | Contributor

You need an attorney who can help you sort through the facts and circumstances of your particular situation to determine what you can do and cannot do to negotiate, if you can negotiate and what kind of time you can face.

Try, and review the following:

First this is a 1244a.

Sec. 12.44.  REDUCTION OF STATE JAIL FELONY PUNISHMENT TO MISDEMEANOR PUNISHMENT.  (a)  A court may punish a defendant who is convicted of a state jail felony by imposing the confinement permissible as punishment for a Class A misdemeanor if, after considering the gravity and circumstances of the felony committed and the history, character, and rehabilitative needs of the defendant, the court finds that such punishment would best serve the ends of justice.

(b)  At the request of the prosecuting attorney, the court may authorize the prosecuting attorney to prosecute a state jail felony as a Class A misdemeanor.

2nd === One never knows what could happen until the form is filed.


In terms of how much time you can get on a forgery of financial document, you need to consult the texas sentencing guidelines and if this charge could be eligible to be reduced to Class A misdemeanor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption