Can I bring my Dominican boyfriend to the U.S. to meet my family?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I bring my Dominican boyfriend to the U.S. to meet my family?

We have plans to be engaged and he would like to move here to the United States with me. What is the best visa option for us without losing a lot of money or

doing a visa twice?

Asked on July 23, 2018 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

There is not going to probably be a way for him to enter the US as a tourist and you may have to just petition for him as a fiance and when he gets the visa he will be able to enter the US and then have 90 days to get married.  If you want your family to meet him first, you might just have to fly them out there to meet or meet in some neutral place if he is not able to get a tourist visa.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption