Can I be sued if a couple demanded a full refund of a vacation.

UPDATED: Jun 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 12, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I be sued if a couple demanded a full refund of a vacation.

During a trip to FL I had to ask a couple to leave my timeshare due to one becoming unruly and hostal towards me. It was a 7 day trip and i asked them to leave on the 3rd day. They demanded a full refund of the money they gave me before the trip which I gave them before they left. Since I returned their money in full can I be sued? There was no written contract and living arrangements were just talked about before the trip. The couple in question; one of them has a voiltal attitued and i did not want any problems.

Asked on June 12, 2009 under Business Law, Nebraska


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I don't understand.  Are these your friends or something? Your timeshare? So you rented to them? How come no written contract.  You must have them for certain agreements.  You can always be sued but whether or not someone prevails is a different question.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption