can i be arrested for sending two friend requests on my space?

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can i be arrested for sending two friend requests on my space?

me and my girlfriend broke up and i sent her two friend requests on myspace a few days later a cop came to my house and told me if he found out it was me he was going to come back and arrest me there was no restraining order or anything. can he do that

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It's more likely your ex-girlfriend or her parents were just trying to scare you and they would not do anything further.  They could try to get you for harassment, but there are shaky grounds here.  If, however, they file a restraining order against you, better steer clear.  My advice? Time to move on and leave this girl alone.  No more friend requests.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption