Can F2 visa holder starts a partnership company as an investor?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can F2 visa holder starts a partnership company as an investor?

My wife is currently holding F2 visa. We have already filed I-526 petition for

our EB-5 program. Her friend who is a green card holder likes to start a

partnership company with my wife. New Link Destination
establish the company, my wife’s SSN and

ITIN are required. She had a job during her OPT so she has ITIN. My wife will

be a passive investor/owner without operating company and drawing income. Is

there any violation which would sabotage our I526 petition or even future I-829

petition? Is there anything else we should pay attention?

Asked on October 4, 2016 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

As long as she is a silent partner who does not do any work for the company and does not derive any income, including profits from the company, it should be ok.  Any income/profits would need to be either reinvested into the company or held by the company until such time as she is able to derive income with authorization.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption