Can Colorado extradite for a felony 3 from the common wealth of Kentucky?

UPDATED: Jun 5, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can Colorado extradite for a felony 3 from the common wealth of Kentucky?

Asked on June 5, 2009 under Criminal Law, Colorado


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Colorado can extradite for any criminal offense.  The question is, will they?  For something minor probably not; for a major offense yes.  I don't know exactly what your accused of but considering the penalty involved for a Felony 3 under Colorado law, it's not minor.  You are facing from between 4-12 years in jail and from $3,000 up to $750,000 in fines.

And know this, warrants do not expire.  Even if they don't come after you it doesn't mean that all of this just goes away.  Being stopped for something as simple as a traffic ticket or having an employment background check can have this all turn up.  That will be far worse; going back voluntarily will be much better for you.

You really need to consult with an attorney back in Colorado; right now preferably by phone. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption