Can an indecent exposure charge be reduced to disorderly conduct depending on the circumstances?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can an indecent exposure charge be reduced to disorderly conduct depending on the circumstances?

I was super drunk while celebrating a new job, passed out in a park and somehow removed my pants. I wasn’t looking to get a rise out of anyone, I was just totally out of my head. I’m extremely embarrassed and ashamed and fear the stigma that goes along with indecent exposure may haunt me in terms of employment for the rest of my life. I am moving oyt of state assuming my new company doesn’t catch wind of this and pull its offer.

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is entirely possible that the indecent exposure charge that you are writing about pertaining to yourself can be reduced to a disorderly conduct charge in a possible plea bargain between you and the district attorney's office. For that possibility to have a greater likelihood, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in such an endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption