Can a wife get alimony if her husbands cheats on her and has kids with the other person.

UPDATED: Jan 20, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 20, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a wife get alimony if her husbands cheats on her and has kids with the other person.

My husband and i have been married since
2015 and he has fathered two kids with
two other people in our married. Can i
get spousal support

Asked on January 20, 2019 under Family Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Spousal support from or after a divorce is not principally based on fault or wrongdoing: it is mostly based on the soon-to-be-ex spouses' respective economic and financial positions. To oversimplify, the one who has been earning more will generally pay support to the one earning less; the one with greater future earning potentially will generally pay to the one with less potential. If the spouses were even economically or financially, there may be no support.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption