Can a judge revoke my PR bond when I plead at my pre-trial?

UPDATED: Aug 1, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a judge revoke my PR bond when I plead at my pre-trial?

I am a single mother of 2. I work full-time and have 4 jobs. I am pregnant. I am currently attending outpatient treatment weekly and have not gotten in any trouble since my arrest. I am not trying to get out of jail, but wish to have the chance to continue to work and support my family. If my bond gets revoked I will lose my jobs and probably my children. I would like to be sentenced to jail, so I have the opportunity to get work release so while in jail, I can support them. I have a prior DUI 2 years ago and successfully completed everything imposed. No PV’s and all fines paid. What are my chances of him extending my bond until I get sentenced.

Asked on August 1, 2011 Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you presently have a bond in place there is a good chance that it will continue to remain in force until at least you are sentenced since tou have not mentioned anything that would possibly cause its revocation.

If you do not have a criminal defense attorney at this point in time it may be very well in your best interests to at least consult with one given the serious situation you are in as well as the responsibilities that you have as to your family.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption