Can a company tell you to subpoena the court for a copy of your contract?

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a company tell you to subpoena the court for a copy of your contract?

I have been disputing T-mobile due to them changing terms of my contract. I contacted them within the responsible amount of time they have in terms and agreements. They told me that since it has not adversely effected me that it was not of there concern to let me out of the contract with no termination fees. I asked for a copy of my signed contract either digitally signed or the original signed copy. That’s when I was told I would have to subpoena the court for the contract.

Asked on April 11, 2012 under General Practice, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

from what you have written, if you are not already in a lawsuit with your mobile phone provider, its representative is telling you to file a lawsuit against it in that a subpoena can only be issued via a lawsuit. It seems that your mobile phone provider is not being cooperative with you concerning your dispute and the document you want to see.

In order to get the document you want without having to file a lawsuit and have a supoena issued, I suggest that you make a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission with respect to your provider of your mobile phone.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption