If Igot hurt2 months ago, is it too late to file for worker’s compensation?

UPDATED: Sep 12, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 12, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If Igot hurt2 months ago, is it too late to file for worker’s compensation?

Right after I got hurt I reported the injury to my doctor. I have been going to a chiropractor but still suffer through the pain. I have not been working so I don’t have any money. What are my options?

Asked on September 12, 2011 under Personal Injury, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were hurt at work or at a job  site as part of your work, you can make a worker's compensation claim concerning the injury even if it is two (2) months after the injury.

 I suggest that you consult with your human resources department at work or your immediate supervisor for the applications to submit a claim to your worker's compensation insurance carrier about your injury.

Another option as well is for you to consult with a worker's compensation attorney about your options. Your county's bar association may be able to refer you to such an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption