business permit&licenses for 100%diatomaceous earth food grade only.selling from home online & in stories .

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

business permit&licenses for 100%diatomaceous earth food grade only.selling from home online & in stories .

diatomaceous earth food grade selling to people &pets . people for stomach ailments.and to **** fleas&ticks for pets . i need to know since the product is 100% mineral mined from the ground with no known side effects and approved by the fda do you still need a license &permits to sell my product. if so what type permits &licenses do i need and where &what do i do to get them & how much do they cost . thankyou for taking my questions i look forward for your response ! . jack

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Business Law, North Carolina


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If it is a food item, yes.  If it is a drug item, yes.  You need to contact a business incubator in your state or your local licensing dept for food and drugs to determine what you need.

Try the following links, and consider consulting with an attorney in your state.  Try and then check his or her record at the North Carolina State Bar.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption