Bankruptcy – Motion for Relief From Stay

UPDATED: May 16, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 16, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Bankruptcy – Motion for Relief From Stay

I currently have a bankruptcy case in which I meet with the trustees on 5/28/09. Recently I received a motion for Relief from Stay from Bank of America. I am surrendering the home, however they have requested $700 to be awarded in bankruptcy fees. Will I be responsible for those fees, or do I need to file an objection? I will not be represented by an attorney, so this advice would really help me.

Asked on May 16, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Why aren't you being represented by an attorney? This isn't really a good idea to not be represented.   Bank of America can ask for whatever it wants.  Your job now is to object -- even if you don't think you should.  Object and see what occurs -- the court will have to make a decision. 

Check out these from




IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption