UPDATED: May 28, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


coworker assualt me, causes injury I file assualt charges, they are dropped because another coworker lies to police. the case is call mutal combatent. What do I do know to get justice.

Asked on May 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I hear your outrage. But I don't know if anyone can help you with this.

I'm not a Texas attorney.  And before any attorney could give you advice, he or she would need to know a lot more, every detail, of what happened so far, see all the paperwork.  You can find a lawyer who is qualified to review your case in a number of places, including our website,

The problem here is proof:  a court decides what is just, based on the evidence that both sides present.  It isn't what you know to be true, it is what you can prove with proper evidence.

If there is a witness who wasn't physically involved who is testifying against you, you need something more than just your word to prove that this person is lying.  Another witness, or a photograph or video?  Without something like that, I doubt that there is much to say.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption