Arizona Name Change

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 9, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Changing your name in Arizona requires only a few simple steps, and can usually be done on your own. To start, complete the forms and file them with the proper court with the required fee. The information below will help you get started.

What forms are required for name change in Arizona?

The following forms are required to change your name in Arizona:

  • Application for Change of Name for An Adult
  • Order Changing Name for An Adult

These forms can be found on the Arizona Supreme Court website.

Where do I file the form for an Arizona name change?

The completed forms must be filed with the superior court clerk of the county where you currently live.

Do I need to notarize the forms?


Is there a filing fee in Arizona for a name change?

Yes. Check with your local superior court to see how much that court charges to change a name. A fee waiver may be obtained using the Fee Waiver form with a showing of sufficient hardship.

Do I need to schedule a court hearing?

Check with the superior court clerk when you file your Applicationto determine if the court requires a hearing to change your name.

Do I need to publish something in a local newspaper?

Check with the superior court clerk when you file your Application to determine if the court requires a notice of your proposed name change to be published in a local newspaper.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption