Apartment building management issue

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Apartment building management issue

Good afternoon I have a question regarding an apartment building where I
live. Management of building have breached a contract and ignoring
residents. Someone has attempted to break into my car. More than four or
five robberies on a parking happened. And they still ignoring it. I need your
advice, please

Asked on August 19, 2016 under Real Estate Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Actually, the real question is: why does the apartment building management have to do anything about car break-ins? They are not the tenants' insurer, and they are not the police; it is not their job to pay compensation for loss or to fight crime; and they are not responsible for the criminal acts of third parties. This is fundamentally a job for the police, not the landlord or management company: if the police aren't doing their jobs, it may be necessary to contact city council or the mayor's office or the media to exert pressure. And claims for compensation should go to the tenant's insurer(s) (hopefully, the tenants have the applicable insurance).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption