AmIlegally allowed to keep my current job as a host at a brewhouse althoughI am on probation?

UPDATED: Dec 14, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 14, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

AmIlegally allowed to keep my current job as a host at a brewhouse althoughI am on probation?

I currently work at a brewhouse but I recently looked into the terms of my probation and it says that I am not allowed to enter a bar or tavern. However, since it is my only job and only source of income I want to know if I will be able to keep that job or if I will have to find another job for legal issues?

Asked on December 14, 2011 under Criminal Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your probation order states that you are not allowed to enter a bar or tavern, then it means what it says. However, you work at a brewhouse and need the job to earn money.

I would contact your probation officer about the situation where the terms of the probation under its literal sense would prevent you from working in the brewhouse which is your job. My impression is that the probation order did not take into account that you actually worked in a bar or tavern. If you have a criminal defense attorney you should consult with him or her as to a means to get some leeway on the probation order that you are writing about in that it prevents you from having gainful employement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption