What do I now if my employment contract has been breached?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I now if my employment contract has been breached?

I signed a contract with a private medical practice and moved my family across the country. I was given a 90 day guarantee of income. Due to red tape and the credentialing process, I have lived here for 6 weeks and the company still has not started my employment. The contract has awkward wording that makes it seem like they have 90 days from a date specified on the contract to get me working, which hasn’t happened yet. So am I bound by this contract or not?

Asked on February 6, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Nevada


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that they have violated the terms of your contract by not employing or paying you when they should, you could sue them for "breach of contract" to get the money to which you are entitled. In the process, a court will interpret the contract and determine if it was violated and if you are therefore entitled to compensation. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption