Am I free to sell just my share ofa business that I own to anyone I choose?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Am I free to sell just my share ofa business that I own to anyone I choose?

I am a 49% owner in an S Corp. My business partner owns the remaining 51%. I would like to sell my share of the ownership but my partner does not. What happens to the agreement on leases?

Asked on January 18, 2012 under Business Law, Delaware

Answers:

Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Well, absent any writings to the contrary and absent any restrictions in any shareholders agreement, you are free to sell your shares...and keep in mind there are a variety of compliance requirements in you doing so...please contact an attorney of your choice for further discussions.

By Grace...

Shawn Jackson ESQ. (707) 584-4529 

Business Development Attorney EMAIL: Attorneys@CaliforniaBusinessDevelopment.com

www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentAttorneys.com

www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentCenter.com

www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentPlans.com

www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentIncubator.com

 

 

            No communication resulting herein shall create an attorney-client relationship unless a separate retainer agreement is signed by attorney and client. The information provided neither is  legal advice nor is it conveyed in the course of an attorney-client relationship, but is intended merely as a general overview with regard to the subject matter covered. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel such as any attorney in this office in a subsequent email communication (agreement) and the formation of an attorney client relationship.

 


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption