Am I entitled to compensation on a personal injury settlement?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Am I entitled to compensation on a personal injury settlement?

My girlfriend and I were at a hotel and while we were sleeping a 6 foot ceiling panel fell on us it hit her hard and the debris from the roof fell on me. We immediately told the hotel manager and I

called the police and made an incident report. She complained about pain, so I took her to the hospital then I went too work. A few days later she moved out off town and recently I got a call from her saying lawyers were looking for me.

Asked on May 6, 2019 under Personal Injury, Arkansas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you were injured by the roof debris and document your injury with medical treatment, you may receive compensation. Your case is separate from your girlfriend's case. 
Your compensation may include your medical bills , pain and suffering, which is an amount in addition to the medical bills, and wage loss.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption