Am I able to build a lawsuit?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Am I able to build a lawsuit?

In the last month I have been in two auto
accidents. Both have been caused by other
drivers. The second accident triggered a mild
anxiety attack. Since then I have been
experiencing headaches. I have a past history
of migraines that come with depression and
anxiety. Will my doctors bills be covered if I
need to seek a doctor just to check everything
out? Or would it cover any other type of
counseling I might seek?

Asked on April 14, 2016 under Personal Injury, Michigan


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Medical costs which are provably causally linked to the accident are something you can recover from the other driver, if he/she was at fault; costs arising from pre-existing conditions will not be. If you had a past history of migraines, depression, or anxiety, those things and the cost(s) to treat them are not the result of (causally linked to) the accident and so would not most likely not recover an compensation for them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption