Air bags didn’t deploy after a collision

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Air bags didn’t deploy after a collision

I was recently involved in a front end car accident and my air bags didn’t deploy.
Earlier in the year, I had my front end bumper replaced by a bodyshop and I’m
wondering, if I can prove they didn’t replace the air bag sensors or something to
make them not activate what kind of action I can take.

Asked on October 7, 2019 under Accident Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Were you injured due to the nondeployment? If so, and you believe that you could prove with expert testimony (such as from a mechanic who examined your car) that the failure was due to something the shop did wrong, you could potentially sue them for your injuries. But you can only sue for the harm you in fact suffered: if, as we hope, you were not injured due to the nondeployment, there is nothing to sue for and you are not entitled to any compensation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption